Former Italy striker Luca Toni has taken a dig at Cristiano Ronaldo for his poor performance during Juventus’ defeat at the hands of Napoli in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday night.
Juventus lost 4-2 on after a goalless draw with Napoli, coached by Toni’s former teammate Gennaro Gattuso.
After watching Ronaldo’s underwhelming performance throughout the entire duration of the game, Toni who spent only one season with Juventus has nothing but criticism for the 35-year-old forward.
‘It’s a defeat that also bears the signature of Cristiano Ronaldo,’ he told RAI.
‘The Portuguese is in difficulty physically and he can’t even dribble a man.’
That defeat handed Cristiano his consecutive club finals loss for the first time in his professional career.
Meanwhile Ronaldo’s sister, Elma Aveiro, thinks coach Mauricio Sarri is entirely to blame for his poor performance in the game.
She ‘wrote on Instagram:
“What more can you do? This is it and that’s all, that’s why my darling can’t work miracles on his own … I don’t understand how you can play like this, anyway … head up, my King.”
What do you think?
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do