British-Nigerian boxer Anthony Joshua is confidently anticipating his epoch making fight with Tyson Fury.
As reported by SkySports, the WBO champion reached an agreement with current WBC world champion Tyson Fury, on a two-fight deal scheduled for 2021.
The fight is considered to be one of the biggest in the history of boxing due to the pedigree of the boxers. But AJ, however does not seem perturbed by the prospect of fighting one the best (if not the best), in the world.
According to Le10sport, the 30-year-old boxer is set to become the undisputed heavyweight world champion and has sent a message to his opponent ahead of the fight.
“I’m happy that Fury won (ed against Wilder) – it changed the whole dimension of the heavyweight division.
‘We are fighting for the legacy. I need Wilder. I need Fury. I am ready for them. I am waiting for them,” Anthony Joshua told Apple Music in comments reported by the Daily Mail.
Although the message was meant for Fury, it also applied to Wilder who lost his WBC title few months ago.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?