Two U.S. Police Officers have been suspended without pay after an elderly man was pushed down by police officers in Buffalo New York, Thursday, resulting in an apparent head injury that caused him to bleed from one of his ears and rendered him unconscious.
In a vira video posted on the twitter, the 75-year-old man was standing on his own when a group of officers approached him up and pushed him down, he looses his balance and falls to the pavement, audibly hitting his head on the ground with blood coming out from his ears.
RELATED ARTICLE: Autopsy Results Reveals That George Floyd Has Coronavirus
The majority of the officers march past after the man falls, though the officer who pushed him with a baton starts to lean over him before he is motioned away by another Officer.
A person can be heard yelling “He’s bleeding out of his ear!” and calling for medics. The man is seen laying on his back with blood spilling from his head.
“Why the f— you walking up on me,” one officer said, as the group of policemen dressed in what appears to be riot gear continued walking. The officers then immediately arrested another man holding a “Black Lives Matter” sign with his arms up.
According to local media reports, two medics came forward and took the old man away in an ambulance and he is reportedly in stable condition at a Buffalo hospital.
Reacting to the viral video, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said he spoke with Mr Brown and agreed the officers involved should be suspended, pending a formal investigation.
“Police Officers must enforce — NOT ABUSE — the law,” he wrote.
Watch Video Below:
— WBFO (@WBFO) June 5, 2020
The activism began peaceful demonstration earlier on 26th May, after video footage of George Floyd’s arrest surfaced, which included a Minneapolis officer kneeling on his neck.
The video has spurred widespread outrage across the United States with some demonstrators setting multiple stores, cars, police station on fire.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns