London’s police force has suspended an officer after a video of him emerged on social media, kneeling on a black suspect’s head and neck.
The disturbing video was shared on twitter yesterday by a user named axax_shockz.
Two white police officers was seen forcefully restraining a black suspect.
One of them appears to be applying pressure to the man’s neck with his knee, while the other held the legs with his hands.
According to the axax_shockz, the suspect was seemingly not a threat to the officers, who treated him unfairly.
“Absolutely disgusting, my sister is in this video witnessing police brutality and them kneeling on this black man’s neck. He is clearly not a threat and is in cuffs. Please share this video for awareness,” he wrote as caption.
Absolutely disgusting, my sister is in this video witnessing police brutality and them kneeling on this black man’s neck. He is clearly not a threat and is in cuffs. Please share this video for awareness.#BLM #BlackLivesMatter pic.twitter.com/xLS1h6Ficx
— axax_shockz (@RealAiRavish) July 16, 2020
The officers said the man was arrested on Thursday on suspicion of affray and possession of an offensive weapon.
Meanwhile, the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan called for a thorough investigation of the incident he described as a “distressing”.
This racial injustice is akin to the incident that lead to the death of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man in police custody in the US city Minneapolis on May 25.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Health2020.10.25Read someone’s reply after learning that the looted food items in Ekiti warehouse are poisonous
- Lifestyle2020.10.25“We are ending you people,” some youth tell a drunk police officer as they lead him away
- Crime2020.10.25Nigerian man allegedly stabs his countryman to death in Indonesia
- Entertainment2020.10.25‘Nobody Beats civil servants’ in corruption, says actor Emeka Amakeze