Derek Chauvin the former Minneapolis police officer who was arrested and charged for the murder of George Floyd has been released on a million dollar bail.
According to court documents, Derek Chauvin was released on Wednesday from the prison after meeting up with his one million dollar bond.
The court documents shows that Derek was given two options which is;
1. posting bail for $1.25 million without any conditions or 2. $1 million with the following conditions;
The first condition is tha he must attend all court appearances.
The second condition is that he cannot have any direct or indirect contact with any members of Floyd’s family, including social media contact.
And finally, he cannot work in law enforcement or security, and must not possess any firearms or ammunition.
In other to maintain peace and order in the state, the Governor of Minnesota Tim Walz upon hearing the news of Chauvin’s release, mobilized the National Guard, state troopers and 75 Department of Natural Resources conservation officers to help local law enforcement.
George Floyd was a Black man who was killed on May 25th 2020 after Derek knelt on his neck for close to nine minutes as Floyd said he couldn’t breathe, the moment was captured and shared on social media by a bystander.
George Floyd’s death sparked outrage across several cities in US and around the world with people protesting against the great injustice on black people and police brutality.
immediately after the protest erupted, Derek and three other officers were fired.
Derek was charged with second-degree murder, third-degree murder and manslaughter while the other officers, Thomas Lane, J. Kueng and Tou Thao are charged with aiding and abetting both second-degree murder and manslaughter.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: Eucharia Anunobi Rain Curses On Doris Ogala For Saying That Uche Elendu Lied About Her Vandalised Store
- News2020.10.27Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.
- News2020.10.25‘Free Food’ – Looters Shout As They Cart Away COVID-19 Palliative In Adamawa Warehouse (Video)
- Politics2020.10.25“Our Lifestyle Is Provoking the Youths” – Rochas Okorocha Warns Other Senators