U.S. President Donald Trump has placed himself above the ratings he was given him by the news media.
MSNBC host Joe Scarborough mocked the Donald Trump live-on air for wasting time during his Coronavirus briefing on Twitter.
As Covid-19 cases in the U.S. keeps increasing with deaths nearing about 43,000 on Tuesday, there are mounting criticism of Trump’s administration in handling of the pandemic especially from the media.
The president has however turned to TV ratings to prove that he has managed the crisis well. In his recent tweets Trump boasted that White House coronavirus briefings were more popular than all commercial programmes.
He also criticised the “lamestream media”, claiming he’s far better than they wants to admit.
“I’ve had great ‘ratings’ my whole life, there’s nothing unusual about that for me,” wrote Mr Trump. “The White House News Conference ratings are ‘through the roof.”
“It is amazing that I became President of the United States with such a totally corrupt and dishonest Lamestream Media going after me all day, and all night,” said Mr Trump in another tweet on Tuesday.
“Either I’m really good, far better than the Fake News wants to admit, or they don’t have nearly the power as once thought!”
This is the second time in less than two weeks that Trump has tweeted at length about his TV ratings during the pandemic.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns