My attention has been drawn to a news report published by on the 12th of April 2023 by the Guardian Newspaper with the above mentioned headline.
The publication which quotes the National Youth Council of Nigeria, NYCN as asking the Honourable Minister of Transport and Dan Amanar Daura, His Excellency Mr. Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi to resign over his presidential bid.
Ordinary, I would have just ignored this report but coming from an organization that prides itself as a representative of the youths in Nigeria and as a youth myself, I could not but wonder what their intention is.
While I would not want to engage the leadership of NYCN in the name-calling which they have chosen to, I would state the following facts;
1. The NYCN has never had any issue with the performance of Amaechi in office until he declared for the 2023 presidential election.
2. Going through the statement, it could be seen by all Nigerian youths that the statement is one of hand of Esau, Voice of Jacob.
3. It is clear that NYCN has allowed itself to be used by weak persons who feel threatened by the undaunting personality and giant performance by the honourable minister of transport.
4. Nigerians including victims have not indicted the minister in anyway as his humanity was demonstrated when he immediately along with security agencies, visited the scene of the Kaduna train attack and commiserated with the victims. Nigerians felt the pulse of his sadness over the news and it was clear the security and safety of travelers has always been a priority to him.
5. The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari has confidence in the honourable minister of transport and no amount of sponsored campaign has and will derail that. Mr. Amaechi is a loyal subject of the president which every Nigerian knows and that earned him the traditional title ‘Dan Amanar Daura’ from Mr. President’s kinsmen which literally means ‘Trusted Son of Daura’.
6. Rather than attack Amaechi aimlessly, the leadership of the NYCN should engage the minister on his achievements and his achievements and his experience and capacity to lead the nation.
Visit: Newsblenda.com for more trending headlines
7. Let it be known and clear for all to see that the National Youth Council of Nigeria seems to be constituting itself as an enemy of the president by attempting to discredit the president and our gallant security agencies but pretending that its attack is on Amaechi.
8. Security agencies should investigate the activities of the NYSC and its leadership to unmask who is using them against the goodwill of the President Buhari’s administration.
On a final note, the NYCN instead of allowing itself to be used against other aspirants, it should seek to engage every aspirant as a non-partisan group it ought to be but I doubt they would as they have allowed themselves to be used for selfish gains.
I have doubts in my mind that the honourable minister would have time to respond to a group that has lost its relevance and respect in Nigeria, many youths I spoke to described the National Youth Council of Nigeria as an association of pretenders who do not represent the youths of this great nation.
So, I call on all well-meaning discerning youth and Nigerians in general to disregard the statement by these political charlatans pretending to be non-partisan.
Long Live the Able and Capable Nigerian Youths
Long Live The Federal Republic of Nigeria
David Sikpa, Public Affairs Analyst