Popular Nigerian rapper, Falz has openly rejected calls to have a virtual meeting with Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu and other government officials.
Organised by the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, the meeting is expected to have Sunday Dare, Mohammed Adamu and the National Human Rights Commissions in attendance.
The Youth Virtual Town Hall Meeting was scheduled to hold at 3 pm on Friday.
Reacting to calls to join the meeting, the Law graduate and son of popular Human Rights Activist, Femi Falana, who has been at the forefront of the EndSARS protest wrote;
“I will not be on this panel. I was given false information.
“Plus there is no need for all this please!! The agenda is clear #5for5 #SARSMUSTEND,” he said.
The call for the Rapper to join the meeting comes after he wrote a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to the letter, Falz is demanding the reconstitution of the National Human Rights Commissions (NHRC) board.
The letter follows the treatment of protesting Nigerians calling for an end to police brutality in the country.
Newsblenda reports that protest which has been going on for a while continued despite the disbandment of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a controversial unit of the Nigeria Police Force.
The disbandment was officially confirmed by the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu earlier this week who announced the creation of new outfit to replace the defunct SARS.
The new unit known as Special Weapons and Tactics Team ( SWAT), has also been widely rejected by the protesting youths with #EndSWAT trending on different social media platforms.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: Eucharia Anunobi Rain Curses On Doris Ogala For Saying That Uche Elendu Lied About Her Vandalised Store
- News2020.10.27Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.
- News2020.10.25‘Free Food’ – Looters Shout As They Cart Away COVID-19 Palliative In Adamawa Warehouse (Video)
- Politics2020.10.25“Our Lifestyle Is Provoking the Youths” – Rochas Okorocha Warns Other Senators