There was a fire outbreak on one section of the Economic Community of West African States Secretariat, located in Asokoro District of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on Tuesday night.
Reports has it that the fire affected the floor accommodating the Department of Finance and Account of the commission.
Rescue mission including firefighters were drafted to the incident scene and thanks to them the fire was put off.
Confirming to the fire incidents, a spokesperson who is one of the senior official of the commission told journalist that the fire had already been put out.
He said, “There was a minor fire outbreak at one of the floors close to the top floor near the shaft. The building is a high-tech building and the sprinklers put out the fire.
“Because the fire occurred close to the top floor and the extraction system was on the roof, smoke was coming out even after the fire had been extinguished.”
Nigerians has reacted after the news of the incident was first reported, with some people accusing authorities in Nigeria of using fire as main gateway to looting.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Entertainment2020.09.27Is Official! Laycon Emerges As The Winner Of 2020 Edition Of Big Brother Naija Lockdown (VIDEO)
- Entertainment2020.09.27#BBNAIJA: Nengi emerges 2nd runner up
- News2020.09.27The Moment Nigerian Adesanya Knocks Out Costa To Retains World Middleweight Title (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.27Regina Daniels Releases Breathtaking Pictures On Instagram