- “He’ll probably get mad at me for saying that, but yes, Mayweather is definitely paying for George’s funeral,” Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions said.
American Boxing great Floyd Mayweather has offered to pay for the funeral expenses for George Floyd, the forty-six-year-old black man who was murdered by white Minneapolis police officer.
Floyd’s death sparked protests across the United States over the weekend.
“He’ll probably get mad at me for saying that, but yes, [Mayweather] is definitely paying for the funeral,” Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, told ESPN on Monday.
Ellerbe added that the former five-division world champion has been in touch with the family of Floyd, and the family has accepted the offer.
“Floyd has done these kind of things over the last 20 years,” said Ellerbe, who added that Mayweather didn’t want to talk about his gesture.
On 25th May, George Floyd died after a white Minneapolis officer identified as Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck for more than eight minutes, according to the video posted online by bystander.
Derek Chauvin has been arrested on third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter charges. Three other officers involved in the arrest have not been charged.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.10.30#EndSARS: No Leader Will Be Spared In Next Protests- Traditional Ruler
- Stories2020.10.30VIDEO: Villagers Exhume Man Corpse And Found Him Still Breathing One Year After His Burial
- News2020.10.307.0 Magnitude Earthquake Kills 4 In Turkey, Greece At Least 120 Injured (photos)
- Celebrity2020.10.30Desmond Elliot Turns Off The Comment Section Of His Instagram Handle