Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai has revealed that the crisis in Southern Kaduna is triennial.
While commenting on the root cause of the crisis, El-Rufai hinted that the reports of the conditions shows it will occur every three years.
“Look, the Southern Kaduna crisis has been on since 1980 and one of the things we did as a government and myself personally was to read all the reports of the conditions of enquiry of all previous crisis,” he stated.
“And it was clear to us this crisis will occur at least once every three years. So we knew in our time of office that we would have at least one. So we are prepared for it.”
He also said that the crisis was an “ethno-religious intolerance” they inherited from the previous government.
The Governor also disclosed that the security agencies and the judicial system are the major problems they are having in putting a stop to the crisis, as most of them usually took sides with their ethnic groups.
He also made known his plans to end the Southern Kaduna crisis permanently.
Watch the interview below:
What's the plan to end the Southern Kaduna crisis permanently?
— Channels Television (@channelstv) September 21, 2020
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?