The Cross River State executive council has approved the sum of two million dollars, for the direct procurement and airlifting of items from china for the production of personal protection equipment by the garment factory.
The executive council meeting as reported by Channels TV was presided over by the Governor, Sen. Ben Ayade at the exco chambers, Governor’s s office in Calabar.
Briefing newsmen at the end of the meeting the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Asu Okang, said after deliberations on memo presented, the council considered the move critical for the continuous protection of the citizens against the ravaging coronavirus.
The approval is for the procurement of materials for the production of face mask for distribution to children free of charge to pupils and students in both primary and secondary schools of the State when schools finally reopen.
The garment factory has also promised to make available nose masks for representatives of media houses across the country free of charge.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: Eucharia Anunobi Rain Curses On Doris Ogala For Saying That Uche Elendu Lied About Her Vandalised Store
- News2020.10.27Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.
- News2020.10.25‘Free Food’ – Looters Shout As They Cart Away COVID-19 Palliative In Adamawa Warehouse (Video)
- Politics2020.10.25“Our Lifestyle Is Provoking the Youths” – Rochas Okorocha Warns Other Senators