The Window blinds are part of home furnishings that do not just serve as a covering or curtain replacement but can be decorative too. They come in different designs and are made from different materials.
Cleaning window blinds is not as common as sweeping the house because you are likely to sweep the house every day while the window blinds stay for months without being touched.
Some people may think that cleaning window blinds are difficult; on the contrary, it can be very easy.
Just get hold of your materials needed:
• Detergent or Washing liquid
• Vacuum cleaner (optional)
• Microfiber cloth or an old cloth.
Steps to cleaning window blinds:
• Lower the blinds fully. For vinyl and aluminum blinds which often overlap, tilt it downwards but not completely closed.
• Use your microfiber cloth to dust the blinds from top to bottom. The aim of cleaning from top to bottom is so that dust does not fall on areas you’ve cleaned already.
• Always dust your blind first before you try to use water. Cleaning a dusty blind with water will make a better mess.
• After cleaning off the dust, you may have to dampen your microfiber cloth and get careful not to wet wooden blinds.
• If blinds are too dirty, you may need to take off blinds and wash them in a bathtub. But before that, Consider what the material is made of to avoid the risk of rusting blind mechanism.
• Don’t spray air freshener, hairspray, or any sticky spray near your blinds. It can cause residue to build up over time.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more updates.