Moi moi is one of Nigeria’s most sought food. It cuts across different ethnic groups in Nigeria and is widely eaten by many.
Moi moi is a good source of protein as it is made from beans.
So, if you are the type that does not like eating beans, moi moi would be a good replacement for you.
Preparing moi moi can be tricky and would not give you your desired result if you do not pay attention to little things that would make your moi moi perfect.
Here are areas to pay attention to when cooking moi moi
1. Before you blend your beans, make sure that the peeled beans is not hard. You could soak the peeled beans for a while before blending. If your beans is hard, it may not give you a smooth texture when it’s done.
2. Do not add excess water to your blended beans. Too much water can cause the moi moi to be watery when it’s done.
See Also: 5 Foods common to Nigerians
3. Be sure to cook it till it’s properly done. 45 minutes to 1 hour will cook your moi moi well. If undercooked, your moi moi will be watery and would not have a good texture.
4. Avoid adding blended tomatoes to your moi moi as it may alter the standard texture when cooked.
5. Have your moi moi properly sealed or tied before putting it into the pot. You may have a good mix before cooking but your moi moi will not turn out as desired due to the water that entered into it while cooking.
Visit newsblenda.com for more updates