Swimming is not an entirely risk-free activity, especially for children. It may be a fun activity but requires a lot of supervision from an expert or an elderly person.
To avoid losing your child or getting your child injured in a swimming pool, pay attention to these safety tips.
1. Always ensure that there is adult supervision when children are swimming.
2. Be careful not to leave children all by themselves in or near the water.
3. Children should have designated areas to swim in.
4. Never expose a child to swimming during a storm or when there is lightning.
5. Make sure children are up to the depth of the water they will swim in.
6. Ensure that a first aid kit, phone, and emergency numbers are kept near the water.
7. Keep all toys from the water after everyone is done swimming, so they don’t tempt small children to enter the water when an adult is not around.
8. Children should not swim in rivers, where fast-moving water is extremely dangerous and currents are hard to gauge.
9. There should be a fence or wall that is at least five feet high completely around the pool so that children can’t get in easily.
10. Electrical appliances should be kept away from the water.
Visit newsblenda.com sfor more..