Ever heard of Blue light glasses and wondered what it is?
Blue light glasses is a specific type of glasses that keeps the eye from a particular kind of light emitted from your device screen, Television screen or even the sun. This kind of light is the blue light and can affect the eyes.
Blue light has a relatively short wavelength and so it contains more energy than many other light types. Exposure to too much blue light during the day can cause your eyes to grow week and dry.
To reduce the effects of blue light, blue light glasses and lenses have been introduced for people who are more likely to spend more time on screen.
Blue light glasses filter the blue light as light waves pass into your eyes, so you can use devices with minimal side effects.
When do you need blue light glasses?
- If you are more likely to work late at night on your device.
- If most of your time is spent on screen.
- If you already struggle with insomnia.
- If you have been diagnosed with computer vision syndrome (an eye strain caused by long-term or excessive exposure to digital screen.
Why you need Blue light glasses
• It reduces risk of eye disease – Blue light can cause migraine and headache pain.
• It reduces eye strain – It helps increase contract on your screen making it easy to focus and reduce eye strain.
• Affords you better sleep
Blue light glasses is not given based on medical diagnosis, rather they prevent your eye from certain eye disease as a result of blue rays from the excessive use of devices.