In recent times, gas cookers have become a more popular option for cooking. Using a gas cooker comes with its own hazards and these hazards must be avoided at all costs.
Below are safety measures to take in order to ensure your safety and avoid disaster.
- An airy kitchen is necessary: A proper ventilated kitchen is necessary if you’re cooking with gas. This is because harmful compounds such as Nitrogen oxide (NO) and carbon monoxide (CO) which are extremely harmful to the health are released if the gas does not burn properly. Also, gas can leak without one’s knowledge, but if the kitchen is well ventilated, it may not cause any harm.
- Do not cook with an electric device: For your safety, it is highly advisable to have your electric devices such as laptop and mobile phones far away from you while cooking with gas, because if these electric devices come in contact with the gas, it can cause explosion.
- Flammable materials and other ignition sources should be far away from the gas cylinders to avoid explosion.
- Storage: The gas cylinder should be stored in a safe, dry, and properly ventilated place. Any source of external heat should be kept far away from the gas cylinders.
5. Tubes and regulators should be properly handled because they are quite vulnerable to a number of leaks. Also, worn out tubes should be replaced as soon as possible and it is advisable to seek assistance rather than mishandling the cylinders.
6.Never use a torchlight, candle or matchstick to search for a gas leak as this might cause an explosion and also never turn off or on electric switches in quick successions while using a gas cooker or searching for a gas leak.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more updates.