There is no single food to fight cancer, but a person’s choice of dietary can go a long way in fighting cancer.
Fibrous foods, low fat and vitamin D food contents are good nutrients to lower risk of breast cancer.
- Tumeric contains a chemical called curcumin, curcumin supplement play a role in fighting breast cancer tumours when combined with drug-based therapy.
- Apple peel: the peel of your Apple is a rich source of antioxidants, fiber and other compounds needed for anti-cancer nutrition.
- Walnut: walnut contain a lot of nutrients and healthy omega-3 fatty acids that may help the body fight inflammation.
- Fish- fish contains omega-3 fatty acids and is a great addition to breast cay prevention plan, following the limitation of the intake of red meat and processed food. The option to take salmon, mackerel, sardine and tuna is higher as they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Citrus fruits: Your oranges, grapes, lime and lemon contain compounds that may protect you against breast cancer. These compounds include; folate, vitamin C and carotenoids. The also provide antioxidants, anticancer and anti-inflammatory.
- Garlic and onions: the are allium vegetables that provide array of nutrients [flavonoid, antioxidants & Vitamin C].
- Beans: As common as it might look is high in fiber content and may protect against breast cancer.
- Tomatoes: contains antioxidants which are good fighters of breast cancer.
- Grapes: Red grapes specifically are filled with super antioxidants activin. The can be found in red wine and red grape juice.
Staying hydrated always can also be a good way to fight breast cancer.