EBUS Pharmacy Ltd, now sells a packet of this drug for Fifty Thousand Naira – N50,000.
It has come to our attention that certain suppliers and retailers are taking undue advantage of the current coronavirus pandemic to exploit Nigerian citizens and engaging in unconscionable trade practices with respect to public safety.
Regrettably some reputable pharmacies and department stores were engaged in the unwholesome practice to distort the market, or temporarily restrict availability in order to unreasonably increase prices.
According to reports coming from IgbereTV, Immediately after Stella Immanuel Texas, US doctor publicly stated that hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and Zithromax have been used to cure COVID-19 patients, a drug store in Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria, EBUS Pharmacy Ltd, now sells a packet of this drug for Fifty Thousand Naira – N50,000.
The same thing happened with Facemask, immediately after the Federal Government confirmed the first case of Coronavirus in the country, owners of pharmaceutical stores and supermarkets took advantage of the whole situation to to increase the the price of face masks to an incredible 1500% -2000%.
A box of 50 facemasks in the open market rose from N350 to N20,000.
Now they have started again with hydrochloroquine, azithromycin and zinc tablets.
I hereby charge the (PCN) and other regulators to arise and bring this crimiminals to book.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Football2020.10.28See The Reason Why Cristiano Ronaldo Was Ruled Out Of Champions League Clash With Rival Lionel Messi
- Crime2020.10.28Police Arrests 126 Suspects For Jail-break, Looting, Others In Edo
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: Eucharia Anunobi Rain Curses On Doris Ogala For Saying That Uche Elendu Lied About Her Vandalised Store
- News2020.10.27Abia State Gov Declares A General Cleanup Exercise From 8am-3pm Today.