The United Kingdom has confirmed that it’s experimental Coronavirus vaccine will be launched on humans on Thursday April 23, 2020.
NEWS: The first human trials for vaccines begin in the UK on Thursday. We’re giving the 2 leading UK vaccine teams at Oxford & Imperial all the support they need to make it happen
The vaccine was developed by the Jenner Institute at the University of Oxford. If the results of the trial comes positive, then serial production will begin in the coming days. Hancock announced that the British government had transferred £20 million to the development team, with the aim of generating a large amount of vaccines.
“Vaccine development is an uncertain science, but the two development teams working on finding a vaccine have shown promising progress. At the same time, we are increasing vaccine production capacity to bring an effective vaccine to the public in the fastest possible time,” Hancock said.
The vaccine (ChAdOx1 nCoV-19), was developed from “a harmless virus of genetically engineered chimpanzees to mimic certain features of the coronavirus”. The development team claims to have revealed over eighty percent efficiency.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns