As It is generally believed that one of the ways the novel coronavirus is contracted is by touching contaminated object or surfaces but recent study now reveals that coronavirus “does not spread easily” through touching surfaces or objects.
According to the new guidelines published by U.S. center for disease control and prevention, the pandemic cannot be transmitted through objects or surfaces.
It reads in parts:
“It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes,” the CDC webpage states.
“This is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads, but we are still learning more about this virus.”
The reports also shows that the virus cannot be easily transmitted from animals to human or from human to animal.
The virus which emerged from Wuhan China has since spread to over 5,104,952 people globally and with 329,997 deaths.
- Wisdom Iwu can be found writing, designing and developing all sorts of great content. A freelance writer, thinker and lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. Check out his social media accounts below:
- Stories2020.07.08A Two-Year-Old Girl Was Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Center
- Politics2020.07.07BREAKING: Kwara Chief Of Staff Has Passed Away After Contracting Coronavirus
- Stories2020.07.07Vietnam Miracle Baby Hold His Mother’s Failed Contraceptive Coil Out Of The Womb (Photos)
- Health2020.07.07No Face Mask, No Boarding Of Flights – FG Warns