Breastfeeding children is not just a custom that every lactating mother should abide to, but a necessity to a baby’s growth.
Breastfeeding position describes how you hold your baby at your breast so that they can feed.
In breastfeeding a baby the mother should;
- Hold the baby close to their nose level.
- The nipple should be aimed to the roof of the mouth.
- The nipple and the area around the nipple should be deep in the baby’s mouth.
- In the correct position, your baby will be able to suck, swallow and breath comfortably.
- The deeper the attachment the more comfortable the mother and baby will be.
- Know when the child is feeding, the cheeks appear fuller.
Breastfeeding positions include;
Laid back/reclining position
Side lying position
Cross- cradle position