Aloe vera is a cactus-like plant that can be commonly found around our houses. It has a gel-like substance inside the leaves of the plant that contains potentially active constituents.
Aloe vera can be planted for decorative purpose but at the same time be medicineal and used for cosmetics.
The cooling properties of aloe vera help in calming redness, rash and itchiness in the skin.
See the benefits of aloe vera to the skin:
1. Aloe vera hydrates the skin
The gel-like substance in aloe vera keeps the skin hydrated. When using moisturisers choose moisturisers that contain aloe vera in them.
2. Exfoliate the skin
The presence of salicylic acid in aloe vera acts as an exfoliator by clearing off the dead skin cells.
3. Aloe vera has a compound called aloesin that is capable of lightening up dark spots. These dark spots could be a reason for sun exposure or acne.
4. Aloe vera helps in reducing the appearance and preventing stretch marks. It helps fades stretch marks due to its skin-restoring and anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Aloe Vera is an effective treatment for scalp irritation caused by dandruff. All the anti-bacterial properties help prevent and treat dandruff altogether.
6. Aloe vera boosts the healing of wounds and lessens the time used in wound healing. It speeds up skin cell reproduction as much as 8 times.
7. Aloe Vera reduces skin infection. It helps in the cleansing and treatment of pimples without causing any harm to the skin and also helps grow dead cells and reduce redness.
8. Aloe Vera serves as an anti-ageing substance. It retains the skin’s lost moisture and restores its radiance. Aloe vera helps to improve the elasticity of the skin and the presence of vitamin C, E and beta-carotene also prevent premature ageing of the skin.
There are a lot of benefits of aloe vera to the skin. It is time to start utilizing those aloe vera plants around us.