Popcorn is a popular snack sold in the neighborhood and eaten mostly in movies, picnics or just as a home snacks. It is enjoyed around the world whether plain or seasoned.
Popcorn Contains starchy interior and when heated with pressure cause it to pop!
Popcorn is one the world most healthiest snack and is rich in fibre and anti-oxidant. It is at its best when eaten without being poured in salt, butter or excess sugar.
You may have been eating popcorn as just snacks, not knowing that it has health benefits; see the health benefits of popcorn:
1. Popcorn is low in calories to help you reach your weight loss goals. It is naturally fat free and sugar free. Popcorn can fill you up so that you do not need to eat much after eating.
2. It is 100% whole grain so it contains fiber which help in improving digestion and has high fiber content that keeps bowel movement regular to avoid constipation.
Because popcorn is rich in fibre, it takes off excess cholesterol from the body systems to reduce the risk of heart disease.
3. Popcorn is rich in antioxidants to kill free radicals which can lead to severe diseases including cancer. The presence of polyphenolic compound present in the popcorn help to fight against disease.
4. Popcorn naturally regulates blood sugar due to the presence of fiber. It helps to regulate the release and management of blood sugar band insulin level. The lowering of blood sugar will lower your chance of developing Type 2 diabetes.
5. Popcorn may prevent aging, this is due to the presence of polyphenols that act as an antioxidant in the body, which helps to reduce oxidative stress and fight against the development of chronic disease and reduce sign of aging.
Popcorn can make a person feel healthy and happy in their old age because of the powerful antioxidant that fight these effects of radicals.
6. The presence of vitamin B3 (Nianin) has the potential to help cure depression.
7. Popcorn fights tumor cells because it contains ferulic acid which has the potential to killing some kinds of tumour cells.