Several scientific research has confirmed that energy drinks are quite harmful to your health.
Here are 7 reasons why you should reduce your consumption of energy drinks:
1. They are loaded with sugar: Most energy drinks contain a high amount of sugar which is not good for your health. Excessive consumption of sugar can cause inflammation which can lead to severe conditions such as diabetes, obesity and cancer.
2. They can lead to insomnia: Energy drinks tend to keep one awake, but when abused, they can make you lose sleep entirely.
3. They can cause heart problems: Constant consumption of energy drinks can actually put a strain on your heart and cause problems such as heart failure in the future.
Read also: Health benefits of eating green beans
4. Can result in tooth decay: Energy drinks contain high amount of sugar and acidity which can cause serious damage to your tooth enamel, making it prone to decay.
5. They are quite addictive: One can easily get addicted to energy drinks due to the energy boost gotten from it. However, it can lead to lack of proper functioning when you don’t take them.
6. They can make you anxious: Excessive consumption of energy drinks can cause other mental health issues like anxiety, nervousness, and even panic attacks.
7. Leads to dehydration: The caffeine content in energy drinks has a diuretic effect, and this makes you lose fluid in the form of urine, thereby leading to dehydration.
Visit Newsblenda.com for more health tips.