The skin is one of the sensitive parts of the body and as such requires close attention and immediate treatment, in case of any skin infection or damage.
Eczema is an inflammation of the skin that is itchy on the body. It looks like a body patch and rashes. It is caused by both environmental and physical stress. Eczema occurs anywhere in the body; hands, neck, back, knee, shoulder, feet.
Signs of Eczema –
- Dry skin
Ways to treat eczema:
1. Apply moisturizer or ointment
Apply moisturizer and ointment always at least every 30 minutes even after your bath.
2. Make use of mild soap and lotion
Ensure you use soaps that are alcohol and perfume free. Use lotions that have ceramide and are less sensitive to the skin.
3. Avoid scratching your skin
Eczema itches and scratches but then do not scratch them no matter the urge to do so as it might worsen the rashes.
4. Use lukewarm water when bathing
Do not use very hot water or cold water to bathe, but use lukewarm water.
5. Wear cotton clothes
Cotton clothes will keep one cool and comfortable. Don’t wear clothes that will make you itchy.
6. Keep the room temperature normal
The room temperature should be normal not too high or low.
- T. D. Jakes Daughter, Cora Jakes announces divorce with husband - January 25, 2022
- Ayesha Malik becomes first woman Supreme Court Judge in Pakistan (photos) - January 24, 2022
- Buhari has a bad energy – Reno Omokri Blames Buhari for Super Eagles Defeat (Video) - January 24, 2022