The kidney is a crucial organ of the body that is important to overall health. It helps in the processing of body fluids and making hormones. Maintaining active health entails that one makes effort to keep the body system healthy.
When the kidney is not healthy, it can cause kidney disease which is usually progressive[the develops over time] and when the kidney is damaged it can no longer carry out its functions.
See ways we can keep our kidney healthy:
1. Always visit the hospital for regular checkups if you have risk factors of having a kidney disease.
These risk factors can be;
- Age over 60
- Obesity- always watch your weight and know when there is an unnecessary increase.
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular Disease
2. Keep your body hydrated always
Water helps to clear toxins from the body system. Staying hydrated helps the kidney to function better. Aim to take up to 2 litres of water every day especially if you do engage in activities that make you sweat often.
3. Eat fresh foods to keep your kidney healthy.
4. Keep a close check on your blood pressure.
5. Learn to control your sugar level.
6. Always keep fit.
7. Avoid meals with
8. Take fruits always
Fruits like pears, watermelon, strawberries, apples, pineapples, grapes and citrus fruits are healthy to the kidney.
9. Avoid smoking or taking alcohol, they can increase the chance of kidney disease
10. Avoid the intake of many antibiotic drugs.
Bacteria fighting drugs like antibiotics can damage your kidney if you take them too often.