American rapper Kanye West sent Twitter users into a frenzy when he announced that he we be running for U.S. presidency in the upcoming 2020 election.
The 43-year old star who appears to use the hashtag #2020VISION, wrote in his recent tweet:
“We must now realize the promise of America by trusting God, unifying our vision and building our future. I am running for president of the United States.”
Tesla Inc. boss Elon Musk who earlier supported Democratic candidate Andrew Yang also provided another shocker when he tweeted his support for Kanye West.
“You have my full support!,” Musk wrote in response to Kanye West’s declaration.
Kanye had declared his interest in contesting for the 2015 presidential election at the MTV VMAs, but subsequently withdrew. It is still not clear whether he will stick to his decision this time.
Kim’s husband will however overcome a host of hurdles if he is seriously considering becoming the president of the US.
Starting a campaign from scratch at this time (July), is a big deal when election is scheduled for November.
The rapper would need to qualify for ballot access across 50 states and the District of Columbia. He would also need to build a political organisation from scratch.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?
- Football2020.10.26Pogba vows to take legal action against The Sun for publishing fake news about his retirement