“Wow I gave this Dami Duro demo to Cecil Hammond in 2011 hoping to get signed outside a concert haha !!!! I NEED THIS CD!! LIFE IS CRAZY !! I THANK GOD !!”
Those were the words of Afro-Pop singer Davido after discovering the very first CD track that introduced him to the world.
The popular Nigerian singer, songwriter and record producer made his music debut as a member of the music group KB International before releasing first hit song “Dami Duro” which made him famous.
Before the release of that song, there were however several trials by the 27-year-old star. One of which was with Cecil Hammond, the CEO of Flytime Entertainment, a company that is into entertainment, P.R., Media and Marketing.
Cecil’s company is a household name in Nigeria and has won several awards for its immense contribution to the growth of entertainment in the country. Little wonder why Davido had to try his luck there.
An evidence of it was the CD Mr. David Adeleke brought to Flytime which Cecil himself disclosed via his chat with Davido. Check out the photo below:
Meanwhile Cecil Hammond is the son of Mr. Hammond, a chartered Accountant who was the former MD of Akintola Williams Deloitte and Touche. He grew up in Lagos where he schooled at Corona Primary School, Gbagada and International School Lagos, (LSL) located inside UNILAG before he went abroad for his tertiary education and holds a B.Sc. in Economics.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation
- Football2020.10.29Aribo, Etebo, Osimhen and others returns as Rohr announce Super Eagles list for Sierra Leone
- Football2020.10.29Read John Ogu’s response when asked if he was threatened to apologize to Nigerians