Former WWE star Dwanye Douglas Johnson, also known by his ring name ‘The Rock’ has been named world’s highest paid actor for the second year in a row.
According to Forbes report, the 48-year-old actor topped the list with an annual salary of $87.5m (£66.8m). He is well ahead of second placed Ryan Reynolds who pockets £54.6 million each year.
‘The Rock’ who starred in popular movies like Jumanji, Fast and Furious, San Andreas and several others was named the highest-paid actor in 2016 but had to settle for second place in 2017 and 2018.
Akshay Kumar became the only Bollywood star to make it on this years list with an annual earnings of £37.1 million.
Check out the full list of the highest-paid actors of 2020 below.
1. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson – $87.5m (£66.8m)
2. Ryan Reynolds – $71.5m (£54.5m)
3. Mark Wahlberg – $58m (£44.2m)
4. Ben Affleck – $55m (£41.9m)
5. Vin Diesel – $54m (£41.2m)
6. Akshay Kumar – $48.5m (£37m)
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda – $45.5m (£34.7m)
8. Will Smith – $44.5m (£33.9m)
9. Adam Sandler – $31m
10. Jackie Chan – $30m
The above figures given are before tax and reflect earnings between June 1 2019 and June 1 2020.
Meanwhile, the highest-paid actress list will be released in September.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?
- Football2020.10.26Pogba vows to take legal action against The Sun for publishing fake news about his retirement