Nigerian legendary reggae star Majekodunmi Fasheke, popularly known as Majek Fashek has been confirmed dead at the age of 57.
His death was confirmed today in a video released via the official Instagram account of the late singer by his manager Omenka Uzoma.
“Today been having pressure calls, well it is true that the African No 1 Legendary ICON has gone to be with the LORD his Maker,” wrote Uzoma.
“Let celebrate him, his achievements, and his family, whatever decisions made by his immediate family will be notified.”
Majek Fashek, hails from Benin-City, Edo state and began his music career in the 80s.
Fashek made a name for himself as one of Africa’s finest singer-songwriter and guitarist during his lifetime.
He has worked with various artists worldwide, including Tracy Chapman, Jimmy Cliff, Michael Jackson, Snoop Dogg, and Beyoncé.
He will always be remembered in Nigeria for his 1988 album Prisoner of Conscience, which included the multiple award-winning single “Send Down the Rain”.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?