Scholarship is a grant or a payment given to support a student’s education gotten on the basis of academic or by academic achievements.
Most students and parents hope for scholarships in order to receive aid in payment of tuition fees. There are a lot of scholarship grants going on; it only requires the right information and application to get them.
Scholarships can come in full or half grants. However way it comes, it is something desirable.
There are lots of ongoing scholarships in Nigeria. They include the following:
1. Federal government scholarship for undergraduate, HND, NCE AND POST GRADUATE.
2. Nigeria Agip oil company (NAOC) undergraduate scholarship.
3. Exxon Mobil undergraduate scholarship.
4. Shell undergraduate scholarship.
5. Nigeria LNG undergraduate scholarship.
6. MTN foundation undergraduate scholarship for Nigerian students.
7. Nigerian women Association of Georgia(NWAG) undergraduate female scholarship (particularly for females).
8. Gana Fawehinmi scholarship Application.
9. Guinness Nigeria undergraduate scholarship scheme for young Nigerians.
10. Fulbright scholarship program for Nigerians.
Having identified some organisations that offer scholarships, let’s see how to apply.
What you need to do
1. Always visit official website of the scholarship scheme.
2. Know the level of study required (some scholarships are for specific levels).
3. Know the field of study required (Not every field of study is entitled to scholarship grants).
4. Know the host Nation.
5. Be a registered full time undergraduate(depending on what level of education).
6. Have good grades not below a 3.5 CGPA.
7. Get confidence (there may be need for an interview).
- Meet three Nollywood celebrities that endorsed BBNaija’s Whitemoney. - August 4, 2021
- Breastfeeding positions for babies. - August 4, 2021
- Ese Brume’s past achievements before winning Nigeria’s first medal at Tokyo Olympics - August 4, 2021