Linkedin is a professional social networking platform. It is the largest business- oriented networking website that is specifically based towards professionals. It gives you the ability to showcase your profile, expertise, recommendations and connections.
LinkedIn has over 500 million members and exist is over 200 countries.
Having a LinkedIn account is beneficial because it helps in;
1. Networking: LinkedIn is a brilliant way to meet people who have same professional pursuit. It also helps in expanding expertise by connecting with with other professionals and gradutes in the same field.
2. Research: It serves as a tool for researching companies and staff who work for them. It is an opportunity to target people within your network that work for the organisation where you wish to work.
3. Recommendations: LinkedIn serves as an avenue for others to recommend you and endorse you based in your past skill and work experience. When others recommend you with the backing of your profile, it makes way for great connections
4. Opportunities: New opportunities exist throughout the LinkedIn site which may not be seen in traditional job board. You can apply for job as well as flagging to recruiters that you are open to hiring. And it permits you to have an online personal brand which makes you visible to key decision makers and recruiters.
5. Builds trust: It enables you to build trust with employees and recruiters as your profile is made visible to them.
6. Builds brand: It helps you to build a professional brand Online. LinkedIn is a simple way to put your name on the professional map, though person website can be great for this, they come with extra cost.
7. Easy update of online résumé: Updating an online résumé is easier than continuously you a paper résumé. With LinkedIn, there will be less need to worry about hiring a résumé writer to formatting a paper document.