LinkedIn is a professional network site. It has a large percentage of recruiters who use LinkedIn as a part of their search for capable employees.
LinkedIn helps you to network, promote career and achievements, build a solid online presence and boost your business.
If you want to land yourself a job through LinkedIn, these are things you should do:
• Be authentic on your profile, show your experiences, skills, objectives, and what you know.
• Choose a nice headshot for your profile, it should be captivating too. Have a calm background and cool colours.
• Update Experiences- I bet you would not want your profile to look stagnant. If you are not stagnant, then your updates should show it. Whenever you land a new job or connection, you may need to make it evident for anyone who views your page.
When you accomplish something, go ahead band share it with the world. You can also share the experiences you overcome along the way.
• Build Network- If you can, build high profile network. LinkedIn makes it easy to connect with people by importing contacts from sites such as Gmail. So take advantage that will help you connect with people or get recommendations from them.
• Get involved in professional groups -A great way to expand your network by dishing out valuable content, engaging in online conversation, and answering questions. When searching for groups, search for groups that have recent activities to avoid wasting time on a group that does not have regular online interaction.
• Post relevant content consistently, or you can share other people’s posts. Whatever way, be visible on LinkedIn.
Little things you can do to be visible on LinkedIn is to use keywords in your content, write headlines that make you stand out in a way that a potential employer would see.