For the first time in over a decade, former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr will return to the ring for an exhibition fight.
According to reports by Sky News, Tyson, 54, will fight four-weight world champion Roy Jones Jr, 51, in an eight-round exibition match in Los AngelesSeptember 12, 2020.
The fight is scheduled to take place at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Ca.
Meanwhile, Jones Jr. has taken to social media to confirm the reports of the fight.
He wrote on Instagram:
“I am happy that this fight between me and Mike Tyson will happen! I was always ready and will be ready this time as well. I want all my fans to support me and tune in. Its gonna be epic”
Tyson has also been posting videos of his training on social media over the past few months fuelling speculation of a first fight since 2005.
The American boxing duo are expected to wear headgears due to their advanced age.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Health2020.10.25Read someone’s reply after learning that the looted food items in Ekiti warehouse are poisonous
- Lifestyle2020.10.25“We are ending you people,” some youth tell a drunk police officer as they lead him away
- Crime2020.10.25Nigerian man allegedly stabs his countryman to death in Indonesia
- Entertainment2020.10.25‘Nobody Beats civil servants’ in corruption, says actor Emeka Amakeze