Arsenal fans all over the world must be disappointed whenever they remember that they missed out on the opportunity to sign a very fantastic forward like Victor Osimhen on a platter of gold.
Could you imagine, Arsenal lost a chance to sign the Nigerian youngster for just £3m four years ago. Currently, his market value is almost eleven times that price.
Le 10 Sport reportedly said Lille placed a €100million (£92.8million) asking price on Osimhen whose contract at Stade Pierre-Mauroy runs until the summer of 2024. Earlier today, French media outlet Telefoot disclosed that Lille received an offer of €85million (£75million) from an unnamed Premier League club the Nigerian International.
The Gunners were in the running for Osimhen’s signature after his classic performance for Nigeria u17 during the 2015 world championship when he won the top scorer award with 10 goals, including a silver ball as the second best player. But they failed to convince the young striker who was just an 18-year-old teenager.
It’s now obvious that Arsenal will be pushed out of the deal, especially when the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham are all reported admirers of forward.
And given the fact that Arsenal will have to shell out considerably more this summer if they want to sign him again, the deal may not happen.
Osimhen 21, is already having a fantastic season with Lille notching 18 goals in 35 appearances for the French team in what has truly been a breakthrough campaign.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do