Super Eagles striker Victor Osimhen has issued a vital advice to upcoming generation of footballers on the right way to the top.
The 21-year-old Lille forward was seen admonishing a few youngsters in a video uploaded on the Instagram page of Naija Footballers.
Osimhen in his words of wisdom revealed that it not right for players to depend on fetishism to shine in football. Instead he urged them to depend on God and the strength of his word the Bible to achieve success in their careers.
He gave his counsel in Nigerian pidgin dialect. Watch the video below:
Osimhen grew up in the streets of Lagos, but his talent and hardwork led him all the way to Europe. He believes the case would be the same with the younger generation if they work hard.
He is quite different from some other Nigerian players who believes that the so-called ‘Juju’ or charm works in football.
The likes of Taribo West, Osaze Odemwingie, Brown Ideye, Emmanuel Adebayo, to mention but a few.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.08.13Ruth Kadiri: “We should abolish voting in Nigeria until death sentence laws are given to politicians”
- Football2020.08.13Son’s pulsating solo goal against Burnley wins EPL Goal of the Season [Video]
- Politics2020.08.13Twitter users drag Fani-Kayode for posting a shaggy image of his daughter
- Politics2020.08.13Omokri unearths a video of President Buhari accusing Goodluck Jonathan of incompetency