Recent reports suggest that the 30-year-old Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo could be on his way out of Manchester United when his loan deal expires by the end of this week, with parent club Shanghai Shenhua keen to have the striker back ahead of the start of the Chinese Super League season.
However, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hinted on the prospect of Ighalo staying beyond the end of his current loan deal which expires on the 31st day of May.
The manager explained in today’s episode of MUTV Group Chat that his wishes are for the ex-Watford man to finish “off what he started” and hopefully win a trophy with Manchester United.
“The loan deal went to the end of May now, so obviously he’s supposed to be going back,” he told the United website.
“We’re in dialogue. They’ve been great towards us, his club, and allowed him to play for his dream club.
“It’s been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish off what he started, hopefully with a trophy for us. At the moment, nothing has been agreed. Their league is going to get started soon so we’re just waiting to see.”
Odion Ighalo joined the Reds on deadline day of the January transfer window and despite initial criticism from fans, he went on to establish himself as a cult hero for the club he so love. He so far made eight appearances for United, scoring four goals.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation
- Football2020.10.29Aribo, Etebo, Osimhen and others returns as Rohr announce Super Eagles list for Sierra Leone
- Football2020.10.29Read John Ogu’s response when asked if he was threatened to apologize to Nigerians