Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho is reportedly intensifying his effort to sign Lille striker Victor Osimhen.
According to Manu Lonjon, the English Premier League club are set to meet with Lille and the player in the next few days to discuss his potential transfer to Tottenham.
Jeunes Footeux recently suggested that Mourinho is seeking to relieve the pressure on Harry Kane who has worked extra hard on Tottenham’s attack
Osimhen seem to be a reliable option, as he could play as a central striker and also in the wider area. He could form a great partnership with Harry Kane in the attack.
But the English club will have to beat a stiffer competition from Italian giants Napoli for Victor’s signature.
Newsblenda recently claimed that Naples issued a 10-day ultimatum to Lille as per Osimhen’s transfer. The Serie A side have already made a contract offer, but the player is still sceptical about it.
Lille will however, make a final decision on Osimhen’s future by the end of the week.
The player was outstanding for the Ligue 1 side last season, scoring 18 goals and assisted 4 on his debut season.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.08.14Messi tops Ronaldo to become World’s richest footballer
- Politics2020.08.13Ruth Kadiri: “We should abolish voting in Nigeria until death sentence laws are given to politicians”
- Football2020.08.13Son’s pulsating solo goal against Burnley wins EPL Goal of the Season [Video]
- Politics2020.08.13Twitter users drag Fani-Kayode for posting a shaggy image of his daughter