Recent reports has it that English Premier League club Manchester City are negotiating with Lionel Messi’s father for potential transfer of the 33-year-old forward.
Several sources including ESPN and Daily Mail claim that Messi’s father Jorge, is already in Manchester and has commenced discussion with the Etihad club, for a sensational reunion of his son with his former boss Pep Guardiola.
According to a recent tweet by ESPN, Manchester City will do everything possible to sign the six-time ballon d’Or winner on a free transfer, or they will consider the possibility of paying a transfer fee within the region of €100 and €150 million if he is unable to force an exit unilaterally.
City are also open to including players such as Eric Garcia and Angelino in the deal. pic.twitter.com/4KL0pqgnbZ
— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) August 26, 2020
They are also willing to include two Barcelona targets Eric Garcia and Angelino as exchange options for the deal to materialize.
Messi has already informed Barcelona of his desire to leave this summer, and he believes a clause inserted into his contract should allow him leave for free. But the club thinks otherwise, fuelling a legal battle between him and the board.
He may not be allowed to leave the club until these legal issues are settled.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation
- Football2020.10.29Aribo, Etebo, Osimhen and others returns as Rohr announce Super Eagles list for Sierra Leone
- Football2020.10.29Read John Ogu’s response when asked if he was threatened to apologize to Nigerians