It was reported on Tuesday afternoon that Nigerian forward was set to leave Manchester United and move back to parent club Shanghai Shenhua on May 31 when his contract expires.
However, Ighalo may not have given up on his dreams to fully represent his boyhood club as his latest plea could force Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to consider a permanent move for him. The former Watford striker aware this is probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to represent the club that means so much to him.
Therefore, the 30-year-old striker is desperate to finish the season with Manchester United, having made a positive impact in his eight appearances at Old Trafford.
According to a report by Manchester Evening News, Odion Ighalo has made a personal plea to Shanghai Shenhua to allow him stay at Manchester United until the Premier League season reaches its natural conclusion, before eventually returning to China.
Ighalo was signed on loan on deadline day to provide cover for injured Marcus Rashford. His provided more than adequate cover by netting four goals in eight appearances and three stats.
This time, if he extends his contract, he will have to fight for a place in the team with a fully fit Rashford upon football’s return. That would be a very healthy competition for Manchester United’s forward line.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.27BBNaija Lockdown housemates celebrate one month after the show with classic photos (See All)
- Celebrity2020.10.27Video: The moment Cardi B raged in front of the police over the arrest of Offset
- Football2020.10.27Meet Chidera Ejuke, the hier to Okocha and Mikel Obi’s throne
- Lifestyle2020.10.26Opinion: When someone uses the expression DEAR, what does it imply?