Chelsea began their preparations ahead of the Premier League restart with a 1-0 victory over Championship side Reading in a friendly match at Cobham.
The friendly game was played yesterday behind-closed-doors.
It was meant to help build up match fitness for both clubs, with the top-flight’s resumption just a week-and-a-half away.
Pedro Rodriguez scored the only goal of the game that was keenly contested with the Championship side.
Tammy Abraham returned to the fold after some injury concerns, with a new hairstyle that looks like dreadlocks.
Chelsea’s lineup included Tammy Abraham, Willian, Mateo, Ngolo Kante, Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Kovacic and Billy Gilmour.
Check out a few images from the game.
Meanwhile, Chelsea will travel to Aston Villa next week Sunday to restart their campaign. The 2019/20 Premier League season will resume on June 17.
Aston Villa will host Sheffield Wednesday, while Arsenal will travel to Etihad Stadium to square up against Manchester City.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.07.08Yul Edochie and Omokri question the appointment of a northerner as EFCC chairman
- Football2020.07.08Super Eagles striker, Onuachu tests positive for Coronavirus
- News2020.07.08Photo: Job vacancy in Dubai exempts Nigerians from applying
- World2020.07.08China gives U.S. condition to involve in trilateral arm control