Super Eagles rising star Victor Osimhen has emerged as one of the best young players in the World under the age of 21.
The list comprising of 36 players was compiled by ESPN‘s Tor-Kristian Karlsen who used several criteria to develop the final ranking, including performances in the top leagues over a sustained period.
Paris Saint Germain speedster Kylian Mbappe was rated the best young player in the World for the second time in a row, after topping the list last year.
Mbappé was described by Karlsen as a “complete forward” with virtually no weaknesses to his game.
The list also features Dortmund’s star Jadon Sancho and Liverpool’s Alexander Arnold in the top ten. See below:
1. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint Germain)
2. Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
3. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool FC)
4. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid
5. Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
6. Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus FC)
7. Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan)
8. Erling Haaland (Borussia Dortmund)
9. Federico Valverde (Real Madrid)
10. Joao Felix (Atlético Madrid)
Osimhen 21, has been in terrific form since joining Lille last year. He has had a hand in 24 goals scored by the club while scoring 13 league goals himself.
What makes him special is his ability to run behind defences, his shooting accuracy and terrific pace. His estimated market value is €30.
Newsblenda.com is one of the trending news and information website in Nigeria. Our aim is to be among the leading home-grown and independent news delivery service…read more