English Premier League side Chelsea FC has officially announced the signing of RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner for a reported transfer fee of $56 million.
The announcement was made today via Chelsea’s official website Chelseafc.com.
As reported by the club’s official press release, the 24-year-old forward has agreed to personal terms, but will remain at Leipzig for the rest of the Bundesliga season.
He will join his new Chelsea teammates in England in July, provided he completes his medical examination.
The inspirational striker, who netted over 90 goals in his last 157 games for Leipzig, also confirmed that he has joined the London club with his statement of thanks to the German side.
“I am delighted to be signing for Chelsea, it is a very proud moment for me to be joining this great club. I, of course, want to thank RB Leipzig, the club and the fans, for four fantastic years.
“You will forever be in my heart. I look forward to next season with my new team-mates, my new manager and of course the Chelsea fans. Together we have a very successful future ahead of us,” Werner said, via Chelsea’s officialwebsite.
Reports from The Sun, claims the German striker’s contact with Chelsea is worth $11million-a-year. That means, he would earn $212K-a-week, making him the highest earner at Stamford Bridge.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.07.07Daddy Freeze claims Davido called him a ‘great prophet’
- World2020.07.07Another pandemic looms, as age-long bubonic plague resurfaces in China
- Football2020.07.07Victor Osimhen emerges as transfer target for Barcelona
- Football2020.07.06Barcelona President faces sanction for saying that VAR favors Real Madrid