English Premier League giants Manchester United are already preparing for life after Odion Ighalo.
According to the Daily Mail, Shanghai Shenhua have rejected the club’s requests to keep the Nigerian forward – who has scored four goals in eight games for United – on loan for another three months. They instead prefer a permanent transfer fee for the striker, which United are reluctant to pay.
Odion Ighalo was a deadline day loan signing by Manchester United. Despite the skepticism, he has proven to be a superb addition to the United squad, which is why they are considering extending his stay.
However, if the 30-year-old Nigerian forward does leave, United will have a gap in their forward line again which needs filling and they are already preparing for that.
According to Sky Sports, United are ready to make an attempt to bring Joshua King back to the club. King came through United’s academy but has made his name at Bournemouth with 48 goals in his five years with the Cherries.
The Manchester club tried to sign King for £20million on January transfer deadline day but failed in their bid, that’s why they went for Ighalo. If they should succeed this time, it means bye bye to Ighalo.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Football2020.07.09Manuel Pellegrini appointed as Real Betis manager
- Politics2020.07.08Yul Edochie and Omokri question the appointment of a northerner as EFCC chairman
- Football2020.07.08Super Eagles striker, Onuachu tests positive for Coronavirus
- News2020.07.08Photo: Job vacancy in Dubai exempts Nigerians from applying