Ndidi became winner of the award when British television sports channel Sky Sports unveiled a list of the most valuable player for every Premier League club in the 2019-2020 season. He beat the likes of James Madison and Jamie Vardy who both were superb for the club.
Explaining why the Nigerian was selected, Sky Sports wrote :
“Leicester lead the way for counterattacks this season, a hallmark of their game in recent years.
“The bedrock of their midfield and the key man in launching so many fast breaks is Wilfred Ndidi.
“The Nigerian is a master of the art of the turnover, regularly winning possession and springing attacks. His 4.4 tackles per 90 minutes is the highest in the Premier League this season and significantly higher than the next-best central midfielder, Oriol Romeu on 3.2.
“Ndidi’s value was further demonstrated by his recent injury absence – a five-game run that saw the previously high-flying Foxes take only two points from a possible 15.”
The 23-year-old star has been wonderful this season, making 23 appearances in the English top-flight, scoring two goals in the process.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.20Goodluck Jonathan issues important advice to re-elected Obaseki
- Football2020.09.20Gattuso showers praises on Osimhen after making his debut Serie A appearance
- Football2020.09.20Ekong, Chukwueze, Rasheedat and others model Nigeria’s home and away kits (Photos)
- Football2020.09.20Read what La Liga said about Samuel Chukwueze