Henry made his switch to Camp Nou in 2007, having lifted two Premier League titles and two FA Cups in a highly successful eight years in Arsenal.
In an interview with Spanish media outlet L’Equipe, Messi said he was left starstruck to see a player of Henry’s pedigree as his teammate:
“The first day he entered the dressing room, I didn’t dare look at his face.
“I knew everything he had done in England. I had a picture of him made and suddenly we were on the same team.
“What I feel for Titi is best described as admiration.
“I loved Henry’s ease at finishing his chances, as he takes the path to goal and ends the play.
“He gives the impression that it is natural. His movement, his dribbling, the shot – it is all fluid,” Messi says.
The trio of Thierry Henry, Samuel Eto’o and Lionel Messi struck up a devastating attacking trident that won the treble in 2008-09 before lifting the Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup and another LaLiga the year after.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Politics2020.09.19Video: Watch what Oshiomhole did before casting his vote
- Football2020.09.19Nigerian youngster breaks Bayern Munich’s Bundesliga record
- Entertainment2020.09.18Controversial lady diabolically call Ned Nwoko to make her his 8th wife (Watch Video)
- Lifestyle2020.09.18White woman reveals what Nigerian women will never do