Italian Champions Juventus has appointed it’s former captain Andrea Pirlo as their new manager.
They made the announcement via their official Instagram account and other social media pages.
While most fans were thinking about Mauricio Pochettino or Eddie Howe, the Old Lady took everyone by suprise by appointing Pirlo as Maurizio Sarri’s replacement.
The 61-year-old gaffer was sacked after just one season as the nine-time reigning Serie A champions suffered an unexpected Champions League last 16 defeat at the hands of Lyon.
Juventus fans may be somewhat disappointed with this announcement.
No disrespect, Pirlo may have had a spectacular career with Juventus and Italian football in general, but the 41-year-old has no previous coaching experience.
Maybe his one month experience with the club’s under 23 team may help him to tinker the first team. Maybe his influence as a club legend may be of inspirational value to the players.
Whatever maybe, we wish our midfield maestro success in his new appointment.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.09.27“I will never take this for granted,” Laycon makes humble promise to his fans (Video)
- Entertainment2020.09.27BBNaija: Neo might have messed up his chance with Vee judging by his statements
- Entertainment2020.09.27Nengi, Laycon, Vee and others make their last wishes to Big Brother
- Entertainment2020.09.27Throwback picture of Laycon surfaces online