It was assumed that Barcelona were finally getting very close to landing Inter Milan’s striker Lautaro Martinez after tabling a massive offer of €70M in cash plus two important players like Arturo Vidal and Nelson Semedo.
According to reports by Schira, the Catalan giants are very keen to land the 22-year-old forward who made himself a subject of intense transfer speculation following his goal scoring exploits in the Serie A this season.
But the more they try, the more it seems Martinez is out reach. According to a report from Italian football journalist and transfer market expert Nicolo Schira, Barça’s latest offer of €70 million plus the two players have been rejected by the Nerazzurri club.
Inter reportedly made it clear to Barcelona that they will only allow the Argentine International leave the club if and only if Barcelona are willing to pay the €111 million release clause attached to his current contract.
The clause can only be triggered during the first two weeks of July and must be paid in full within one week of activation.
Schira also claims that Lautaro Martinez was to receive €10 million a year in the latest Barcelona offer. It now left to see how Barcelona would react as the likes of Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint Germain are also keen to get the player.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Religion2020.10.31Christmas, Easter and Halloween are all the same, says Daddy Freeze
- Entertainment2020.10.312Face gives the only condition for change to happen in Nigeria
- Music2020.10.30Download album: Wizkid – Made In Lagos (Zip File)
- Politics2020.10.30“I was emotional,” Desmond Elliot responds to viral video of him pushing for social media regulation