Barcelona might have killed their chances of clinching the LaLiga title after they played a disappointing 2-2 draw away to Celta Vigo in week 32 of the league.
Celta are fast becoming an archenemies to the Catalan giants, as matches against them have mostly ended in disappointment for the LaLiga champions.
Prior to the encounter, the Blaugrana hadn’t won their last four league games against Celta in Municipal de Balaidos stadium. They lost three and drew one, failing to win there since 2015.
Today’s game wasn’t any different, as a defensive error cost them to drop points in a game they would have won comfortably.
The game started well for Barcelona who took the lead in the 20th minute through a Luis Suarez header following a majestic Lionel Messi’s cross.
Barcelona however rested on their laurels after the break with Fedor Smolov benefitting from a loose ball from Ter Stegen to tap into an empty net.
Barça again continued their lead in the 67th minute with Suarez combining well with Messi to score.
The Catalans failed to hang on to their lead as a defensive howler led a sensational Iago Aspas free-kick into Ter Stegen’s bottom corner for the equalizer.
It would have ended in tears had Ter Stegen not made a last-minute save to salvage a point for the woeful Barça side.
The result keeps them a point ahead of resurgent Real Madrid, but with six games left, as against Madrid’s seven, this is GAME OVER for Barcelona.
- Law Blessing is a skilled writer with loads of experience in the field. Although a freelance Author, he's passionately involved in articles related to sports and entertainment.
- Entertainment2020.10.01Burna Boy mentions few Nigerians he would give his “last blood for”
- Science2020.10.01Watch this amazing video of the second largest fish in the world
- Celebrity2020.10.01Alexx Ekubo surprises his mother with a car gift (Video)
- Celebrity2020.09.30Fans mock Regina Daniels after sharing a picture with her husband and son